Have you recently made a bad or hurried hire? Here are some things to think about:
- Did you have a choice amongst many qualified candidates?
- How many candidates did you interview?
- What objective means did you use to evaluate them?
- How did you test them to see if they could really do what you need them to do?
- How many people interviewed them?
- How many candidates applied versus interviewed?
As you can see, the hiring process is quite involved and has many steps. Any step along the way can introduce errors and subjectivity. Where do you think your hiring process can be improved the most?